Author Topic: New to this  (Read 1176 times)

Mr_Coconut

New to this
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:45:09 AM »
Hi All:

It has been a while since I was involved in anything to do with RC. This Christmas though I was spoiled and given the best present ever. It is a 1/10 scale "Mike Jenkins" edition Traxxas Slash 4x4, which came from BC Shaver. While there I asked if there are any groups that deal with this kind of equipment, and that is why I am now here making my first post on this forum. Hopefully I will be able to get out to see some of the racing that your club does.

Cheers

Dave

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Nigel

• Forum Veteran
Re: New to this
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:18:41 AM »
Hey there Dave!

Welcome to the forums. Hope to see you out and racing with us soon.

Our next race is on January 13th, Setup starts at 2:30pm and racing goes until around 6pm and then we pack up.

Feel free to come out. It's a $15 drop in fee to race for the night or you can buy for the whole season for $90 (8 race's total) Don't worry about your driving skill, we have lots of members at all levels and everyone here loves giving advice, so feel free to post any questions on the forums or ask us at the track.

Check out this thread here for more information on the up and coming races. http://www.corvictoria.com/index.php?topic=559.0
DEX410 - Reventon Pro - SP V3.0 5.5R
DEX210 - Reventon Pro - SP V3.0 5.5R

Offline Richard

• Administrator
  • Mud caked
  • Race Director
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:34:55 PM »
Welcome ! 

yup bring your  truck ,charger and a couple  2 cell lipos batteries ( or Nimh). The stock traxxas  tires  work great for indoor , outdoor racing not so much .   Befor you come out you might want to   remover some of the paint/sticker from the front window  so the transponder (  lap counter)   can  be seen thru the front windshield. Couple of the slash guys might be able to help you out on what they did to remove it .

Like Nigel said dont worry about skill,  its all about  fun , i bring my 8 and 10 year olds out.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 02:06:54 AM by Monkey#39 »

Offline Aravan

• "Two Face"
  • Mud caked
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 01:04:41 PM »
Welcome! Hope to see you out racing soon!

Losi SCTE 2.0
Schumacher K1
Schumacher SVR
Schumacher SV2
CRC XTi
Kyosho Ultima SC-R SP (FOR SALE)
All are running savox servos, Hobbywing based esc's and airtronics radio gear

Offline shane randall

• "jelly bean"
  • Mud caked
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 03:23:29 PM »
Welcome ! 

Befor you come out you might want to   remover some of the paint/sticker from the front window  so the transponder (  lap counter)   cau the front windshield. Couple of the slash guys might be able to help you out on what they did to remove it .

take green wash pad warm water soap scrub until clear the clear will be scratched so long as paint is removed transponder will work
Yokomo yz2
yokomo yz4
ten scte-2,0
mugen mbx7r
mugen mbx7tr

Mr_Coconut

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 11:31:10 PM »
Thank you for all your replies, I look forward to coming out to take a look at the set-up, and meeting you.