Author Topic: Just bought a SC for my son :)  (Read 1133 times)

Offline himdall

• Forum Veteran
  • BZ-444 PRO, SLASH 4x4
Just bought a SC for my son :)
« on: March 11, 2016, 10:30:56 AM »
I fix my choice on the new HPI Jumpshot SC 2wd

http://hpiracing.world/en/kit/116103

Okay I see people coming at me over my choice but hey I love HPI product and I guess I love to having something different, I think my son will love it :) it's a LCG Truck already, I will just upgrade to Brushless, HPI make very good product to my opinion and for a 5 year old I think it will be good and fun for him to drive :)

Offline Bruce

• Mud caked
Re: Just bought a SC for my son :)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 05:48:11 PM »
Wow, that is a different looking chassis setup for sure.   I'll bet he'll have fun with it
Yokomo YZ-4 and 2

if you're not racing to have fun, then you're doing it WRONG!!

Offline shane randall

• "jelly bean"
  • Mud caked
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 07:09:59 PM »
truck look pretty cool but ... i think guys were trying to get you on trucks that are mid motor as
it make a huge differnce on carpet and also by chance you get really involved and competetive
you will need to buy mid motor config but that being said it does look like a very interesting build and no doubt that hpi make good stuff
Yokomo yz2
yokomo yz4
ten scte-2,0
mugen mbx7r
mugen mbx7tr

Offline Gorden

• Mud caked
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 07:30:09 PM »
Your son will enjoy it a lot
Xray-XB9E, Xray-XB9 2013
Xray XB2 & XB4-2016
TLR STCE 2, TLR22.2SCT

Offline himdall

• Forum Veteran
  • BZ-444 PRO, SLASH 4x4
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 11:24:58 PM »
truck look pretty cool but ... i think guys were trying to get you on trucks that are mid motor as
it make a huge differnce on carpet and also by chance you get really involved and competetive
you will need to buy mid motor config but that being said it does look like a very interesting build and no doubt that hpi make good stuff

The truck is for my son, I don't have intention to race a 2wd SC since I do have a 4x4 sc and a 4 wd buggy already, I was talking with my local hobby shop about the choice in the price range I wanted to pay, I did look at Associated and other brand and finally fixed my mind on that one, yes the truck look pretty cool but I fix my mind on HPI because I trust HPI product and it is really to get my son interested at this hobby, if he really get into it and love it, I'll check for a more competitive truck for him and pass this one down to my other son as first truck.
I do understand that mid motor surely make a difference on carpet and like I said if he really get into it I'll check for a higher hand truck :)

Offline shane randall

• "jelly bean"
  • Mud caked
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 04:45:52 PM »
no offence on decision ithink it will be surely a very cool truck
i was only refering to competetive nature of racing and we seen it with one of our current kid member his dad like you wanted a hobby they came out with regular race gear a few years old in technology and rear mounted the boy was-good with rear mount but now ges one at the top as kids learn fast and get skilled faster  espeacially when using some of thebest gear around car wise
so with thatim very excited for you and yours and im really interested to see hpi makes its debut
Yokomo yz2
yokomo yz4
ten scte-2,0
mugen mbx7r
mugen mbx7tr

Offline himdall

• Forum Veteran
  • BZ-444 PRO, SLASH 4x4
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 09:16:21 AM »
no worries I can take critics ;) I was taking a closer look at chassis on the pics and I can move the black part of the chassis forward a little which should help with the center of gravity since it's a rear motor, I do have that type of chassis on an arrma granite and it's solid never brake a thing on that truck even for stability so I'm pretty curious to see on that SC how it's gonna go. I do take all your advice in consideration, and I was looking at a team LOSI 4wd SC when I was there but it was another 700$ investment and I do have a certain budget to respect, as for my slash I built it over time little by little reading different forum, from people who race them and what they did for mods. I needed also to buy a good amount of tire sets for the SC and the buggy to get us started and buying those mylaps transponders, I'll get one for my son as well, the initial cost to get started is always higher and I had to take all of that into account like the rest of us.
I have 2 other boy, my second Donovan will be good to start next year too, so another truck to buy :)
I received my posting last week, we will be in Victoria in July :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:11:29 AM by himdall »

Offline Bruce

• Mud caked
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 10:36:40 AM »
Yup, it's always a big investment up front.   Just give it a go when you get here, and see if it's a right fit for you and your son(s).   Lots of time to upgrade as you become a better racer.   Congrats on the posting.   Will you be at the esquimalt base? posted on ship, air, etc.?
Yokomo YZ-4 and 2

if you're not racing to have fun, then you're doing it WRONG!!

Offline himdall

• Forum Veteran
  • BZ-444 PRO, SLASH 4x4
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 11:15:20 AM »
Thanks, yes I'm posted to Esquimalt in HMCS Calgary, I think the ships goes on refit in January, therefore I should have good time to get my way around ounce again in Victoria area, I'm planned to have a place around Langford area, maybe a PMQ. I'll see and yes for the RC's I know I'll love that just need to get use to the track, I practice jumping in my backyard last summer, my boy will get use to his truck, I'm wondering if I should invest in an adjustable controller for his truck so I can adjust his speed and slowly take it up as he get use to it.
We are very happy to go to one of the most beautiful place in Canada this July, I intend to retire over there too :)