Author Topic: Can you tell me if I miss something  (Read 991 times)

Offline himdall

• Forum Veteran
  • BZ-444 PRO, SLASH 4x4
Can you tell me if I miss something
« on: January 17, 2016, 11:09:49 AM »
Like some of you know know, I'm supposed to move on the west coast summer 2016 so I prepare my stuff for the 4wd SCT and 4wd buggy, What I got so far:

SCT: I choose the Slash for the availability of the parts, Although it was not cheap with the Upgrades, I can find parts pratically everywhere.
Slash 4x4
- Shock Tower Aluminum STRC
- Aluminum STRC steering part
- Shock Proline PowerStroke with different set of springs
- Chassis LCG Hard Anodized from STRC
- Shaft Tekno Big bone
- Driving Shaft MIP race duty
- I have 5 sets of tires for outside track and I need to buy the carpet tires
- I will use the Velineon VXL combo to start with
- Servo Trackstar TS-900 Torque: 18.6Kg Speed: 0.09
- Mylaps RC4 Hybrid Transponder
- 3 Battery 2S LIPO
- Receiver Futaba

Buggy: I Choose the BZ-444 PRO 4WD from hobbyking which meet ROAR standard after looking at the review that were pretty good and also for the pretty good price which give me a chance to buy another full buggy kit for replacement part for a fairly cheap price
BZ-444-PRO
- The buggy is stock for the Chassis, driving shaft etc...
- Motor Trackstar 6.5t
- ESC Trackstar 120 AMP
- Servo Futaba S9352 Torque: 22.0Kg Speed: 0.06 (Might put the Futaba in the SCT and the Trackstar in the buggy)
- I already have 3 sets of tires for outside track and 2 sets of tires for carpet track
- Mylaps RC4 Hybrid Transponder
- 2 Saddle Pack 2S LIPO
- Receiver Futaba

I have a Control Futaba 4PLS, my charger will need to be upgraded later on for a bigger one but for now I use the Venom Pro 2, I will also try to get proper transport bag, Each RC have their own Transponder, Do I need something else to start when I'll be there this summer?

PS: I'll put picture of my cars when they are done and the bodies are painted :)

Offline Richard

• Administrator
  • Mud caked
  • Race Director
Re: Can you tell me if I miss something
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 07:54:59 AM »
while both aren't exactly the best race kits the slash is a good starting point and you can also bash it not to mention  it will  hold its value when you go to sell in and step into a true dedicated race truck

the 4wd buggy is more then likely  going to break a fair bit  buy LOTS of front end parts  arms, shock towers, shock shafts, shock caps, steering parts  etc.. etc..  buying those parts should keep it going through a race day. If your going to go thru the time to pull the servo out of the slash    don't swap them pick up a savox 1258g servo. Traxxas servos are EXTREMELY slow for racing especially indoors.

When you get out here im sure the guys at the track will be able to help you out, with setup  etc...   good starting point is get them as low as possible  then stiffen them up

Offline himdall

• Forum Veteran
  • BZ-444 PRO, SLASH 4x4
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 02:05:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply,Thanks also for the comment, I went for a budget buggy because I need it to fit everything I need in a certain amount of money and I mean everything, tires motor, esc transponder, and also 1 extra buggy kit for parts, the shock tower will be in carbon fiber that is being sold as up up parts that should fixk the shock tower problem, I was watching a lots of review on the buggy and people were pretty satisfied. I can see some front part breaking since those pieces are often BO.

I don't bash with my slash, too much money put in it, I keep it for racingand I think with the new LCG hard anodized chassis from STRC and the other up up I put on it it will do a nice job, I'm a beginner so I start with more affordable, maybe if I get really good, i'll upgrade to better vehicule.

Offline Bob

• COR Executive
  • Mud caked
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 04:26:50 PM »
Welcome and great to hear your  commitment to racing.  Are you going to make it to the end of the indoor season?  It ends in may. If your committed to racing outdoors in the summer at least a couple races per month you maybe interested in posting in the thread we have here:

http://www.corvictoria.com/index.php?topic=2703.0

We are discussing the outdoor track and how many will be comming out to race the summer.

Good choice on the radio and I'd throw that futaba servo in the truck. Sounds like a good choice.

Good to hear about your plans and we look forward to meeting you in person

Thanks Bob
TLR 22, TLR 22SCT, TLR 22T
TLR 22SCT, Tekno SCT410
XRay 808, XRay XB4 2015,AYK Buffalo
STADIUM FOREVER!

Offline himdall

• Forum Veteran
  • BZ-444 PRO, SLASH 4x4
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 07:45:55 PM »
Thanks if everything going well I should be in Victoria around June, but I still prepare everything for outdoor and indoor carpet track, Thanks for the advice i will put the Futaba servo in the truck :) , I should know around march or may about my posting hopefully it won't be delayed I'm really looking forward to go to BC and start using my vehicule and meet people there :)