Author Topic: Proline Beadlock wheel  (Read 1748 times)

Offline himdall

• Forum Veteran
  • BZ-444 PRO, SLASH 4x4
Proline Beadlock wheel
« on: January 12, 2016, 08:46:44 PM »
Hi guys, I would like to know what you guys think about proline beadlock wheel and also do you guys prefer tires beadlock wheel to race or tires glued to normal wheel?

Offline Bruce

• Mud caked
Re: Proline Beadlock wheel
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 10:35:02 PM »
Glued, don't bother with beadlocks
Yokomo YZ-4 and 2

if you're not racing to have fun, then you're doing it WRONG!!

Offline himdall

• Forum Veteran
  • BZ-444 PRO, SLASH 4x4
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 06:54:04 AM »
thanks for the reply, is it because beadlock are more expansive or any other reasons? I tought beadlock wil be better since you can re-use the wheel over and over and save yourself to buy wheel all the time?

Offline Jordy

• Forum Veteran
  • "TheBaconator"
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 07:18:41 AM »
I've found the beadlocks don't fit all brands of tires correctly or clamp them well. Also if you are going to be racing mostly, the beadlocks are heavier than glue type rims. Heavy enough to notice on acceleration and jumping.
If you plan to use proline tires only and are going to Bash more than race they will do a good job.....
Just my 2 cents.
Your batteries puff????? I'm sorry. I don't know what that is........ I run Max Amps.

Offline himdall

• Forum Veteran
  • BZ-444 PRO, SLASH 4x4
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 07:21:49 AM »
okay, good thankyou I have DE Racing wheel in the mail already and beadlock as well, I stick to glue tires then for racing since it gives more advantage in the race than beadlock and will keep the beadlock for showing off on the shelves ;)

Offline gotnitro

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 07:37:44 AM »
You can acetone the tire when they are worn out . put them in a Ziploc bag for a day or two and it will disolvecthe glue and u can reuse the clsed cell foam and rim

Offline Thomas

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 07:43:31 AM »
Can you also boil the wheels in water or bake in the oven to destroy the glue?  Do those methods damage the foams?  Bottom line is that glued wheels are reusable.

Offline himdall

• Forum Veteran
  • BZ-444 PRO, SLASH 4x4
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 08:00:55 AM »
Okay great thanks, little bit disapointed about the beadlock not being as much a good choice as I tought first but still, I wanted beadlock anyway it's gonna look neet on the shelves like I said ;)

Offline gotnitro

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 02:15:24 PM »
Can you also boil the wheels in water or bake in the oven to destroy the glue?  Do those methods damage the foams?  Bottom line is that glued wheels are reusable.

baking and boiling has worked as well but I found pre glued tires are harder to cook off then using acetone. as well acetone wont stink up your house like cooking and boiling does. I rotate the bag and the rubber poops right off after about two days. as well I have ruined a rim and acetone the tire and was able to reuse the tire and foam on a new rim.

Offline Thomas

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 02:40:30 PM »
Good to know about the various methods.  I'll try acetone in a bag when the need arises!  As for the beadlocks, why not get some bashing tires for them?  I picked up some Dirt Hawgs for my buggy so I could take it for a rip in the neighbourhood, or test stuff out on the driveway, without shredding my softer racing tires.

Offline Bob

• COR Executive
  • Mud caked
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 03:21:10 PM »
i find the best road/testing/bashing tires are worn out tires. and the best way to get them off is to burn them up on the street. Then cut them off with scissors, much easier to cut completely worn out tires off than a 50% worn tire.(from a mental standpoint- I can't cut tires up that still have tread on them.LOL) then you can get the foam out with out ruining it. bag of acetone. then the acetone can get at both sides of the bead to loosen it. Most guys have second vehicles for bashing(that's what Monster Trucks are for  ;D )
TLR 22T, TLR 22SCT, AE B6
TLR 22SCT, Tekno SCT410
XRay 808, XRay XB4 2015,XRay XB4 2018
XRay XB2 2018, AYK Buffalo
STADIUM FOREVER!

Offline Richard

• Administrator
  • Mud caked
  • Race Director
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 03:32:21 PM »
I can't believe you guy go through all that effort to save $7 

Offline Bob

• COR Executive
  • Mud caked
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 03:35:00 PM »
Reuse, Reduce, Recycle, Its environmentally friendly!
TLR 22T, TLR 22SCT, AE B6
TLR 22SCT, Tekno SCT410
XRay 808, XRay XB4 2015,XRay XB4 2018
XRay XB2 2018, AYK Buffalo
STADIUM FOREVER!

Offline gotnitro

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 04:32:55 PM »
That seven dollars save me money on my third class. Lol give me ur tires if u r tossing

Offline islandscott

• COR Executive
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 04:39:10 PM »
Reuse, Reduce, Recycle, Its environmentally friendly!
LOL, first time I've heard Acetone suggested as an environmentally friendly option. :)

Personally, I've never tried Acetone, but the baking method seems to work for me. And who doesn't like their house smelling of burning rubber? It's like a Saturday night at Western Speedway!