Author Topic: Hobby king issues  (Read 6014 times)

Offline Valk

• Forum Veteran
Re: Hobby king issues
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »
whether its from HK or the US, doesnt seem to matter. I paid $16.60 for fedex from avidrc for $45 in ceramic bearings and a couple weeks after receiving the bearings, a bill for another $16.60 from fedex for import duty =\ $33 for shipping and tax on $45 seems a little rediculous... but i guess its a fact of life living in canada.. and wanting to buy pretty much anything.

I just ordered a clutch and flywheel which was only $20 shipping.. but a lot of places dont give you the option for shipping. i fully expect to pay at least $120 for ups fees at the door. honestly, id rather they just send me the damn bill int he mail instead of pop it at the door. but meh...

sometimes canada sucks balls.. but.. could be worse.. we could live in the US.
Offroad:
Kyosho ZX5/Bhr/Tekin7.5/Savox | Associated B4.2/ORCA/Speedpassion10.5/Savox

Onroad:
Spec R S1/Speedpassion17.5/Savox | Serpent S411Te/ORCA4.5/Savox |
Xray NT1/OSspeed/Savox | Associated 12r5.12/ORCA13.5-4.5/Savox/Airtronics

Don7269

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 07:17:21 PM »
Not if you go to hobbyhobby.com its in canada

Offline Steve S

• Rookie
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 07:50:38 PM »
For me taxes a given...but just curious if brokrage fees are a later in mail fee when ordering from Hobby City/King when using Fed-Ex...as this the only shipping method for Li-Po's...maybe to early to see if brokrage fee's come knockin' at your door at a later date

Offline Valk

• Forum Veteran
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 09:06:16 PM »
brokerage is tax issued when being imported to canada. if you order shipping via usps or registered mail, canada customs decides to issue or not where ups, fedex, dhl ect have their own agencies at the border and charge their own fees. usually a small fee for actual brokerage "$10 on my m12" plus tax or whatever import fees. i paid like $80 on my m12 via ups plus the $20 something amain charged to get them to show up lol.
sucks, but still a lot cheaper than paying a higher price then tax on top.

the issue here isn't whether you will get brokerage.. More that to get the lipo brands we know and love, we will now have to pay for more expensive shipping via courier which defeats the whole purpose of buying $45 packs in the first place. Brokerage has ALWAYS been a crapshoot. many times I havent paid it on expensive stuff, then paid it on other seemingly stupid little stuff.

lots of options in canada for cheaper lipos if brand and roar approval isnt an issue. just sucks for me as i need roar approval to compete in the wcics. i know we didnt really tech that specificaly at our race if the pack was hardcase, but depends where you qualify too. im pretty sure if i qualify for the amain and compete for the podium, someone would bitch at not running roar stuff lol..
guess it will be smc for me. or the team great hobbies... as they sponsor the series..
Offroad:
Kyosho ZX5/Bhr/Tekin7.5/Savox | Associated B4.2/ORCA/Speedpassion10.5/Savox

Onroad:
Spec R S1/Speedpassion17.5/Savox | Serpent S411Te/ORCA4.5/Savox |
Xray NT1/OSspeed/Savox | Associated 12r5.12/ORCA13.5-4.5/Savox/Airtronics

Offline BCbud

• Neil "The Wrench" Johnson
  • Forum Veteran
  • Recycled teenager
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2013, 06:54:09 PM »
I have never been charged brokerage fees or taxes on my past orders with Hobby King shipped by Hong Kong mail. I personally will not use UPS or Fedx as you will pay everything at a high rate. I just received these 2 ROAR approved batteries from RC Market for IROCC's big race in January.

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info.php?cPath=61_209&products_id=14194

They shipped via Hong Kong mail and I did not get charged taxes and As with Hobby King I expect that I will not get a bill for brokerage fees as it has gone through Canada Customs and I singed for it at the post office where I normally would pay the fees.

The total cost with freight and exchange was $100 Canadian funds.

Neil.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 07:02:38 PM by BCbud »
Traxxas Slash 4X4 LCG.
Xray XB4.
AE RC8Be.
Two X-Ray T4 2013.
CRC Gen Xi.
CRC Gen X10
X-Ray NT1

mantraguy

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »
I ordered a pile of batteries from HobbyKing a couple of weeks ago, after shopping around extensively from places in Canada, the USA and 'overseas'. Despite the shipping costs, it was still quite a bit cheaper to get them from HK. I bought 5 lipo's (a couple of Zippies and 3 sets of saddle packs, all 2s between 5000mAH and 5600mAH) and shipping with FedEx cost me US$30. I ordered them late in the day on Friday, and on Monday afternoon I got the email from HK saying they were picked and ready to be shipped. I never did get a message saying they had been shipped, but they arrived at my door Tuesday morning. That's FIVE batteries in TWO business days from Hong Kong for $30! Yes, it's more than I would have paid previously for 2+ week shipping, but I'm still really happy with the overall value there. And it was still about $10 cheaper per battery than buying from any of the other online places I checked out (including AMain, BegoRacing and others).

Offline GeraldAgets

Hobby king issues
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2019, 04:55:28 AM »
Hello friends, Im new in the forum and have a lot to learn still but I need to know if anyone can help me because I have a hobby king pulse-jet and let me know and that modifications can make because I need more thrust for  fly my RC airplane , and sorry for my english I am learning